Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Fallen

Heavily sinking in my desk,
chaos engulfs me.
As the roaring slowly simmers,
my mind is feeling claustrophobic.
My heart pounds through my chest,
though my surroundings are as a summer's eve.
My attention cannot be focused.
At present I am in a different world.
I am living in times past,
remembering and delighting.
If I stay within the veil of history,
I am safe.
There's no risk, no chance of failing, no chance of falling.
I start to fall as a fleshy palm collides with the surface of my desk.
I am thrust back into reality.
A load of worries suddenly pounds down upon me.
A mountain is burying me and I must dig.
I am alone, I am confused.
I will never reach the top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! too many times something similar happens to me. it drew me in, and i couldnt stop reading. this piece has so much passion in it. great job!! i love it:)

Ganimobile said...

That's amazing. I never knew that you had that kind of writing in you. It took a few seconds for me to understand, but when I understood I was so...amazed.