My good friend, Palm-Dog (aka- VillaMaddy) has a wonderful blog posted that is an excerpt from a talk that she gave at church. I loved the things that she said and the way that she thought of the experience. One day I was reflecting on this and I found myself in a similiar situation. It wasn't anything miraculous, but I thought that I would share it with you anyway.
One day, I was in my car, driving to a destination that is not really important. Just remember that I was trying to get somewhere. It was really important that I got there. But, while I was on my way, I let things distract me. I wasn't thinking ahead of where I wanted to end up. So, I took a wrong turn. At first I hadn't noticed my mistake, I had just sort of been following the other cars. When I finally noticed that I was off course, I wasn't sure what to do. I drove around in circles, but that was a set back, if anything. Finally I saw a small sign in the distance that indicated the direction that I should be heading. I got into the freeway and followed the sign. I was really hard to get out of the place that I had locked myself in, even when I had seen the sign. But, it was worth it because I was able to end up exactly where I wanted.
This just like life, I think. At least it makes me think of the way that things go for me somtimes. I hope that we can all end up where we want to go. Don't forget that there is always a way out, always a way to go back on your path (or the freeway). I love you all. You're the best friends that anyone could ever ask for!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I love to hear about stories like that, because it gets me thinking, too, about life and stuff. -h.bear
Ash, you're the best. I somehow know exactly how that goes. I love ya tons and I hope that all is well with you. Hope to see ya soon
Post a Comment