Wednesday, January 11, 2006

No One Said Life is Fair

It's always unfortunate when you lose a loved one unexpectedly. I have come to the new knowledge, that sometimes it is even worse to lose someone slowly. I have heard this before, and I believed it. After all, it sounds about as true as anything else that I have ever heard. Now I am actually going through it. It sucks. My heart goes out to anyone else that has had to go through this. If you have not, just wait.
My grandpa is ninety years old. He was keeping it together pretty well. He certainly was not at the top pf his game, but considering his age and his circumstances, he was doing very well. Then just a couple weeks ago he just lost it. Suddenly the term "fallen off the rocker" makes more sense. No one knows what exactly happened. He spent a while in the hospital, and they couldn't find a solution. They think that maybe he stopped breathing in his sleep for a little while, and now he has brain damage. I guess it doesn't matter what caused it. The point is that now my grandpa is stuck in a nursing home, and he has absolutely no idea what is going on around him. It's just so sad.
And, of course, it comes now, when I feel like every other wall is caving it. That's life. I understand, I really do. Sometimes you just need to vent...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Winks! I almost want to comfort you by saying that I know how you feel. But I cant. No one can. Even though I have had numerous loved-ones lost both unexpectedly and slowly I still cant say that I can feel your pain. I however wish you and your family the best as you go through this difficult time in your lives. Pray lots dear, I love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I haven't lost anyone really close to me, so I have no idea what it's like. Very sorry. The closest I come to it right now is my great-grandma was in the hospital this weekend for what she insisted was a heart attack, but was only arthritis and psychological panic. And that was more an interesting and almost funny situation than it was sad, especially if you know my grandma. Well, good luck and best wishes to you and your grandpa. -H.bear