Don't you think it's weird that hearing some words can just take your breath away? I love it.
I just think it's interesting that words can have such an affect on us. Not only that, but everyone is touched so differently.
Here's an example: The other day in my English class we were discussing the song "The Sound of Silence". Our teacher was asking about different meanings in the song. There was one particular part in the song that gave me the chills when I read it. It said something like 'People talk but no one's speaking. People hear but no one's listening'. Oh gosh, I loved it. I scribbled it down on a piece of paper so that I wouldn't forget.
A guy on the other side of the room picked out that statement to discuss. He said that the writer of the song meant nothing by this. That by writing something so conflicting within itself it showed that the author was on drugs.
Golly, quite a difference there.
The things that he said didn't really bother me, I realize that we are all entitled to our own opinions. It's just strange that people can see things so differently....
2 comments:
The world takes such contrasting opinions on everything. I would have to agree with you though, that phrase is quite deep in meaning. See you tomorrow roomie =D
don't you think it would be boring if we all thought the same things of everything? i certainly would get sick of it
Post a Comment