Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Are The Wheels...Turning?

Another day, another post.
And, I am sorry to tell you that I still haven't thought of anything really amazing or profound to write about (Not that I ever write about things like that....but you know what I mean...I hope).
So, once again, I am just going to type my strange and random thoughts onto a post. Oh my. How unlucky for you. I give you permission to not read this blog.
Unless you really want to. Then I say that you must read on. You must.
And the fact that you have reached this point tells me that you choose to continue. Good for you. I always knew that you were my favorite friend.
And now...The strange workings of my mind:
Well, the first thing that has been going through my head is about being sick. A sad subject, this is true. But... it must be addressed. As some of you may know, I have sick for the last few days. Since Friday, to be exact. And in my experience. Being sick is not fun. No, not in any way is it fun. Especially this time. It was probably the least amount of fun that I have ever had while being sick before. So, there you go. I'm sure that you were wondering. Anyway, the point is (oh, and here you were thinking that I didn't have a point...) that now that I am getting better I only feel sick when I exert myself. When I work, I feel icky. So I have come to the conclusion that I must be allergic to work. I just wanted to let everyone know. So the next time that you see me and I don't look like I'm doing anything especially helpful...It's not because I'm lazy. It's because I'm allergic. So don't you dare judge me.
There is another subject that has been clouding my mind. I know that have written about it in a previous blog, but it has been quite a while. So I am thinking that it would be okay for me to talk about it again. Does anybody have a problem with that? Hmm? HMM? Well, if you do, then that's just great for you. Pin a rose on your nose. I just don't care. Anyway- the point. I don't know if anybody else does this, but I am always afraid that there is someone behind me or following me or something like that. Anybody? Anybody...at all? Yeah, well it happens to me all of the time. It was the worst when I worked at Ann Taylor because I would glance over my shoulder and see a mannequin and....well, it just wasn't good. And just today I had the experience of thinking that I was not alone. It was this morning and I was getting myself ready for the day. Wahoo. Everyone else in my family had left for either work or school, so I had the house to myself. I was alone. All alone. There was no one there beside me (sob, sob....). Anyway, I kept hearing things and I was just sure that someone was trying to get into the house to kill me. So, I turned on some happy, loud music (yeah, because that'll protect me) and made sure that every nook and cranny was bolted shut. But the noises continued. And I freaked myself out. And...it was just another day in the life of Ashlyn. Hmm....There you go. It doesn't sound like much at all, but it was sure getting me worked up. I just don't understand why I always do that.
He he. One more thought. (I figure there is only room for one more. Any minute now the blog master will pop up on my screen and tell me that I have exceeded the character limit or something. Just wait for it.....) Money. Dollar bills. Why are they green? I mean, I like the color green as much as the next amazing brunette, ya know. Green is, after all, one of my favorite colors. But, I can't help but find myself thinking.... Wouldn't those bills look so much cooler if they were pink? Now, I bet I can guess what you're thinking. Either one of two things: 1) When the heck is this blog going to end? 2) Ashlyn, you crazy fool, they do have dollar bills that are colors other than green. Haven't ya seen the new bills that they have come up with?
Well, my dear friends, I say unto you- no. No, nope, na-uh. Those are not really colors. They are slight pigment alterations. They are so close to being green, they might as well just be green. So there. What the people of America need is money that is neon pink. Something that gets people excited about spending their hard earned money. Cause, quite frankly, there just isn't enough spending going on in this country. Ya see what I'm saying? Please tell me that you understand the words that are coming out of my fingers. (Hmm...that just sounds weird).
Well, let's conclude another rambling on the twisted thoughts on my mind. It (the conclusion) has been a long time in the coming....and Heaven knows that you have been waiting for it. Way to make it through! You are my new best friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes! I'm your new best friend! Wahoo! :) Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts. I love reading about them and connecting to them. I can relate to everything you're talking about. Earlier today I was all alone in the house and it was a little nerve-wracking too.
Love ya- H.bear

Ganimobile said...

NEW best friend, WHAT? okay so it took me a little bit to get here but hey I finished it didn't I? and I even have a comment too, I love the idea of neon pink money. I love pink and I love money so it only seems logical that the two should get together...and multiply...in my pocket. I like it!