Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dis*Enchanting

Ya know, I think it's funny that growing up is something that so many children look forward to. Well, I guess I don't think that it's too funny...I was one of those stupid kids myself. But I think that it's interesting how quickly you want to become an adult. And when you finally are an adult...nothing is the way that you imagined it would be. Life isn't this fairy tale. Sure, it can be pretty wonderful, but there are some really difficult things that you have to fight your way through. There is no sitting on the side-lines. There is no wading through the waters, waiting for the storm to pass. You have to be adult and face things head on. That's hard. At least it has been so far. And just think, I'm not really an adult. I don't have all of the adult roles and responsibilities that so many others do. I'm just a punk 20 year old. But I still wonder why things have to get so hard. Maybe I put myself in troubles way and the things that I have encountered have been merely because of my stupidity. Or perhaps I just can't handle things as well as most. I could take a mere sliver and turn it into a house fire. I don't know. But whatever the problem is it's clear that I'm not exactly "adult" material. I think that I would very much benefit from a trip to Never-Never-Land. I could stay a lost girl. A happy lost girl.

2 comments:

Ganimobile said...

AMEN, can I join you? I feel the same way about myself, but we can do it pixie. We can be brave like Dwight...

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

Gems for Young Single Adults
Blessed with Adversity
-----------------------------------

"The Divine Shepherd has a message of hope, strength, and deliverance
for all. If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could
we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. We must partake of the
bitter with the sweet. There is a divine purpose in the adversities we
encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they
bless."
Topics: hope, adversity, blessings

(James E. Faust, "Refined in Our Trials," Ensign, Feb. 2006, 7)