Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Without a Rewind Button

I really hate how I can take the most simple tasks and make them into something horrible. I will build them up in my mind as these huge hills that I could never climb. And I make myself sick with worry. Very sick. Every day I relive the task, telling myself that the next day will be better. The next day I will finally be brave enough to step out of my shell and get a few things done. But, ya know, by the time that I really get to that point...it's because I have to be there. It's because I have left myself with no other options, no other time. I have pretty much painted myself into a corner. I have to take what I can get. And now...here I am. Trying to find a way to get my head back above the water. I'm trying to find a way that I can move on with the rest of my life. I know that it will happen eventually. Things aren't looking completely grim yet...But I just keep asking myself how and why I let myself get into these pickles. Most people don't even have to worry about the stupid things that I do. But....I guess that's why they call me special. Maybe I just need to learn my lesson. Maybe things will get better after that. Maybe.
I just need to teach myself to stop being afraid. Little by little, fear is cutting down my tree of possibilities.

1 comment:

Jess said...

you know, honestly, i do the exact same thing and feel the exact same way.. i wonder if there's a support group for us with strategies to help us get out of our bad habit...