It's always a sad thing when it feels like there are a million things going on, but when you go to tell someone.... You realize that your life is quite uneventful. Ha ha. I'm afraid to say that is pretty much the story of my life.
One source of excitement is that Betsy is getting married TOMORROW! Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it! I am extremely excited for her, though. She and good ol Andrew are going to be so happy. Yay!
Sunday I will be speaking in Sacrament meeting. I suppose that is something to mention. I will be talking about Thanksgiving/Gratitude. If anyone can think of any good stories or anything that I could share... please let me know. I have been searching for different materials like crazy and I haven't come up with too much. I am just afraid that those of us that are speaking are all going to be giving the same talk. Yikes. And knowing my luck, I would probably be the last one to speak, so everything that I say would have already been said. Ha ha. I guess people do learn through repition..... Anyway, I would appreciate it if anyone knew of any hot leads and let me know. :)
Can you all believe that Thanksgiving is almost here? It's so crazy! I love Thanksgiving (not so much for the food or any of that). It is such an awesome time to reflect on the many, many blessings that we have! No matter where you are in life, there is always something to be grateful for. I just wish that there were a little more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Why? Well, I will tell you. While I think that Thanksgiving is the perfect way to get our hearts all softened and mushy for the holiday season, I think that Turkey day is often thought of as getting us all one peg closer to Christmas. (Gosh, hopefully that made way more sense than I think it did). The point is this: Thanksgiving is awesome. Let's take the time to be thankful! Those Christmas crazy nuts drive me wild. I love Christmas, but c'mon. (Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who are already listening to Christmas music. You guys just keep doing what you do.)
And now shall close these, the ramblings of awkward Ashlyn. Until next time!
2 comments:
I think we should create thanksgiving music...
I have to give that exact same talk on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Do you think I could borrow yours?? ;) I don't know what I'm going to either. Luckily, my hubby and I are the only official speakers, so we can collaborate and not give the same talk. :) Good luck!!! I'll let you know if I find any great talks on Gratitude. (note: if you look up talks on lds.org, don't pick the first one on gratitude because that'll be the one everyone else picks. That happened once to a couple of speakers in our old ward.)
Post a Comment