
Nantucket Nectars. By far one of the greatest things to ever come into my life. I love juice. This juice. This dee-licious, all natural, sip-of-heaven juice. Also- I love the bottles. They are most choice. And yet another bonus is that on the inside of every lid there is a factoid about Nantucket. Isn't that beautiful? You are nourished physically and mentally!
Well, on this blessed day I thought that I would share some of the great knowledge that I have accquired thanks to this delicious bevie. Ready to rock? Excellent.
Well, on this blessed day I thought that I would share some of the great knowledge that I have accquired thanks to this delicious bevie. Ready to rock? Excellent.
*There are two adjoining islands to Nantucket: Tuckernuck and Musketget.
*Nantucket had a railroad on the island until 1917.
*In 2001, Nantucket won the Best Island award from the readers of Travel and Leisure.
*The island of Nantucket was once called Sherburne.
*Architecturally speaking, most historic homes on Nantucket are built in a lean-to style.
*Nantucket was the world'd leading whaling port until 1840.
*There are buses, but no fixed bus route on Nantucket.
*Nantucket had a railroad on the island until 1917.
*In 2001, Nantucket won the Best Island award from the readers of Travel and Leisure.
*The island of Nantucket was once called Sherburne.
*Architecturally speaking, most historic homes on Nantucket are built in a lean-to style.
*Nantucket was the world'd leading whaling port until 1840.
*There are buses, but no fixed bus route on Nantucket.
*Many say that the best sunsets on Nantucket can be seen on Madaket Beach.
*The streets in Nantucket weren't named until 1797.
* In the 1770's there were more than 2200 Quakers on Nantucket, by 1831 there were 450.
*The average water temperature on July for Nantucket is 73 degrees.
*The Nantucket Rainbow Parade is a colorful sailing race held in Nantucket Harbor every August.
*The streets in Nantucket weren't named until 1797.
* In the 1770's there were more than 2200 Quakers on Nantucket, by 1831 there were 450.
*The average water temperature on July for Nantucket is 73 degrees.
*The Nantucket Rainbow Parade is a colorful sailing race held in Nantucket Harbor every August.
*The teen classic movie "One Crazy Summer", takes place on Nantucket.
*Nantucket's Whaling Museum first opened in the summer of 1930.
*Nantucket's villages include: Madaket, Dionis, Siasconset, Eel Point, Surfside. Coatue, Wauwinet, and Cisco.
*There are no parking meters in Nantucket.
*Nantucket's Whaling Museum first opened in the summer of 1930.
*Nantucket's villages include: Madaket, Dionis, Siasconset, Eel Point, Surfside. Coatue, Wauwinet, and Cisco.
*There are no parking meters in Nantucket.
4 comments:
i think you should come visit me in boston this summer and i'll take you to nantucket. i haven't been there yet... just to martha's vineyard. i'd totally be up for the adventure.
um...just noticing...that was a TON of little facts! You must drink a TON of that stuff!
It's all good though right???!!!
I had one of their Lemonades the other day when my hubby took me out on a date!
Yumm-O!!!!
Charlotte- I say YES!
Ahem, we should go to Tuckernuck. Please. Also we should watch "One Crazy Summer".
Post a Comment