Friday, May 29, 2009

Home with the Hoodlums

Earlier this week (and again today) I had the privilege of heading home to the hood. Business carried me down, but fun paved the way!
The ride lasted a little longer than I would have liked, but it was still great! Sardine Canyon was closed down to one lane for part of the time and things were a little slower...but I was way impressed with the other drivers. Everyone was so kind and curteous. As soon as the signs said that the left lane would close everyone got over, rather than racing to the front and trying to squeeze in. It was great!
And... the sun was shining! That was also fabulous!

I was able to go to lunch with one of my very favorite people in the entire world! Miss Lacie and I went to Iggy's, which was delicious by the way! It was my first time going there. Loved it! And I love Lace. It just makes for magic.

Later on in the day I went shopping with my sister, Megan. We decided to hunt for modest swimming suits a little more. Yeah... I'm sorry to say that we didn't find anything that we loved (Does anybody have any hot leads? I am going CRAZY!!! I can't find anything that's affordable, modest AND cute. Am I asking too much?), so we tried on hats, sunglasses and anything else that we could get our hands on. It was a boat-load of fun!

Another lovely addition to the day was seeing my wonderful friend, Chelsea! I guess my parents ran in to her while they were out for a walk and told her that I was in town, so she came to see me. What a doll! It had been WAY too long!



Another point of joy was that I was able to go running with my little brother. Not only did we experience the joy of running, but I did it in style! Ha ha. Yeah... Not really. But I did use my new running shoes for the first time! They are Basics... something or other. The word "Nimbus" is somewhere in the title. So I figure that means that I will be able to fly just like Harry Potter. What do ya think?

Ain't they perty?
HOME SWEET HOME! It was a glorious trip.



1 comment:

Holli said...

Nimbus shoes?! I say you should expect to fly any day now. :) That's pretty neat!