Saturday, March 13, 2010

Red Carp

As everyone knows, the Oscars were last Sunday. What does this mean?
A party, naturally.

Last night we had a red carpet party. Complete with the stars that we call friends, balloons, a pinata named Oscar... and kissing.

I wish that I could have posted all of the pictures, but there were WAY too many!

Some of the gang. Notice Ashley's AMAZING get-up! She is a black and white movie star. How stellar is that?


Some of my favorite ladies on the red carpet. Don't they look stunning?


We played a game sort of like Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey... Sort of.
We had everyone cut a pair of lips out of paper. And then we had them try to place it on the lips of a star. The ladies were aiming for Hugh Jackman. The men had... our lovely Ashley. I loved this. And I love that people actually went along with it. Yes!


Pinata time! This whole thing was an adventure! (Oh.. that is Oscar, the pinata. Just in case you didn't catch that.) We had to bust it open in the covered parking because there wasn't anywhere else. Also, the plastic hook broke pretty quickly. So... we had to keep him up by strangling him. Classy, eh?


Yeah, these lovely glasses were one of the many glorious prizes inside the pinata.
Just look how happy they are.
That's what red carpet parties do to people. They make them happy.
I would highly recommend hosting a party of your own... and inviting me, of course.



3 comments:

fezzik said...

I love us. So much.

Holli said...

Ashley- You're costume looks Amazing! What a clever idea, and well done. You really looked only black and white.

Betsy said...

That looked like a blast. You ladies are so creative.