So... Always through out my day I will think of humorous things. I think "I should write a story about this. Or a blog. My life is very humorous." And maybe one day I will. Maybe I will.
Today I was thinking about some words. I do that sometimes. I think. But only sometimes, mind you.
I was thinking about words that I love. You know those words that completely change their sound when you alter the ending of the word? (Good heck- Did I really just say that? It didn't even make sense.)
Prime examples: Patisserie (as in pastry... eh, eh?) or medicinal (you know, like medicine).
Don't you think that they suddenly become so musical and delicious on your tongue? I feel so refined when I say them.
This being said, I have created a new goal for myself. I will now incorporate each of these words into at least 12 conversations a day.
I feel that this is a worthy goal. It will enhance my life in new and unforeseen ways.
And... just as a side note- Spencer thinks that I am ridiculous. He just told me so when I mentioned what I was blogging about. So don't feel too bad if you have been thinking that same thing.
3 comments:
We used to play a game at work, where someone would come up with a word that we have to use with the next patient. It's quite hard to keep a straight face when telling someon they have a "Plethora" of blood...
also, when are you going to tell the engagement story?
Sounds like a fun game! Perhaps in another blog you can tell us how you incorporated those words in a few conversations.
ditto on Marisa. We want an engagement story!
Also, I'm a fan of those words. Can we please run into each other on campus this week so we can have a conversation about medicinal patisseries?
Post a Comment