Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break

Here is my post dedicated to spring break.
We all knew that it was coming.
The only question was.... when?
And which photos would be making an appearance?
It was difficult selecting only a few pictures....
But I hope that this will give a small glimpse of our fun adventures.

Here goes:

Here is our entire party.
Sadly this is the only picture that we have of all of us.
But... We are great. And beautiful.
Clearly.

It was magical fun.
We had five people on a bed.
Our bed.
Me and Ashley's bed.

Holler for Hollywood!
As you can see...
Gentlemen prefer blondes.

Okay. Here is the group of us in Hollywood.
(You might notice that we are missing Chandi.
We had taken her to the hospital by then.)
Also- Click on this picture.
And take note of the lovely billboard we happened to pose with.
Lovely.

Then we went to Santa Monica pier.
We rode that ferris wheel!
And it was fabulous.
Ferris wheel at sunset. Ah....
Ashley and I.
Standing in the ocean.
Woo!
This was my first time in Californian ocean.
Or California.
It was exciting.

As you can see, we never wanted for music.
It was so wonderful.
Ukulele= PERFECT vacation music!

We went to the farmers market.
It's been TOO LONG!
Fresh strawberries, carrots, snap peas, tangelos, blood oranges....MMmmm!

We went to the LA temple.
It was lovely. And spiritual.
It was very good to be there.... but that's no shocker.

The sun started setting while we were there.
And it was very cool.
I liked it.

I swear, sunsets are much more exotic there.
They have palm trees, for Pete sake.
Yes. Pretty.

This was also pretty.
Inside of the temple visitors center.
Here is the group again.

We then ventured off to the Griffith's observatory.
There was so much to see.
Including a man that looked like Albert Einstein.
I followed him around.

Like I said- SO much to see.
Pretty stars.
And... pretty people?

Another monumental part of the trip-
We learned to penny surf!

We totally went to Malibu.
Because we are Barbies. Malibu Barbies.
And we got buried.
I became a beautiful mermaid.

And Ashley became a turtle.
Doesn't she look awesome?!

Also- Another favorite part of this little venture:
Spencer is wearing my shirt.
And doesn't he look dashing?!

They were filming a movie at the beach that we were at.
Which means that we are practically movie stars ourselves.
Be impressed.
I am more than willing to give out my autograph.
(I think it's called Hay Wire. And it has Ewan McGregor.
AND CHANNING TATUM!!!)
Holler.

We decided that we needed to end the vacation with a bang.
We ate at Duke's in Malibu.
And.... my gosh. It was good.
So good.

Here we are enjoying the meal.
Seriously- SO GOOD.
Pricey, but well worth it.
If you are ever in the neighborhood.... Take me there.

And... I just had to include this picture to represent all of the time that we spent in the car.
Because there was a great deal of it.
We are fun.

Holler for spring break!

5 comments:

fezzik said...

Oh my gosh. Let's go back.





Please.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for posting! Looks like you had fun, but im glad you are back! :)

Betsy said...

Whew hoo! That looked like so much fun. I want to go to Cali now. :_)

Emily Kranendonk said...

We definitely need to go back! :) Spring break 2.0 here we come. I loved looking at the pictures. It made me feel like I was reliving them. :)

Ganimobile said...

Aw gee I wish we would have done something that cool when I use to be a part of the group. Looks like you guys had a riot! Did actually see Ewan Mcgregor and Channing Tatum or you just know that they're going to be in it. So glad you had a good time.