People. It's April. Can you believe it?
This means a few things:
1. I need to get my taxes done. (Hey. It's not procrastinating. I still have two weeks.)
2. My debit card is expired. I realized this when I went to Wally's today and my card wouldn't work. Thank Heaven I had cash. (Now I just have to remember where in the world I put the new card. Yikes.)
3. It's snowing. Yesterday it was like 70. (Not that this relates to anything. I just had to throw it out there.)
4. School is soon ending. Crunch time for adventures.
5. I have much blogging to catch up on. This means that this could possibly be the longest blog in the history of bloggerhood. We'll see.
First up on the updates:
Our darling Emily had a birthday! It wasn't just any old birthday. It was her golden birthday. She turned 23 on the 23rd! We all went to B.C. and ate at Maddox to celebrate the occasion. It was wonderful. And delicious. (If I could have a love affair with dinner rolls.... Mmmm!)
We had a Friday Night Activity. That was rather exciting, as they always are. This was a State Fair themed event... and I had a pretty good time. But I might have a little bit of a bias. Anyway, I posted one of many pictures to represent the evening. Why did I choose this picture, you might ask.
1. I love these girls.
2. Popcorn. Clearly we are legit. It's totally fair food.
3. I made the posters behind these lovely individuals.
4. Just because.
Next up for the FNA committee- The institute closing social. We'll be throwing at luau on the 22nd...which also happens to be Earth Day. (A day very near to my heart.)
The above photo is also from the State Fair activity. As is the case in a real fair, people were able to submit things that they had made in a little contest/show. These are the things that I contributed. I think that I'm a winner. And funny. But unfortunately, no one else was laughing.
The picture of the train tracks was just a silly picture that I had taken. Not really funny. That's not where the humor lies. If you look to the right in the attractive yellow frame, there is a picture of myself and the beautiful Miss Ashley B. We thought that since this was an art show, it would be appropriate to show the greatest form of art that has ever been made: Us. No, we can't take credit for our stunning good looks and magnetic personalities, but we know where they came from. The Big Man. And he is the greatest creator of all. So... that means that we win.... Right? Yeah, like I said, no one else really found humor in this. It was highly disappointing. I'm not sure if you can, but if you are able you should click on this picture and see what Ash wrote on the accompanying tag. That's all.
It was Alison's birthday on Monday. And what is a birthday without a little Just Dance? We also ate yummy food (like crackers and hummus or popcorn with M&Ms) and watched a few episodes of the show Primeval. That was a new experience. Happy birthday, Alison dear.
Okay. Another thing. We watched this (along with several other silly videos) in one of my classes the other day. This is why we pay for higher education.
Last few items of business:
Tonight was Ladies Night at work. That's always fun and exciting.
One of my favorite things to discover is that a lady has come to last few times. And taken pictures of me. Without me knowing. Creepy? Yes. She said that was looking at them the other day.... and I did not know what to say. Good news, she took more tonight and she said that she might bring copies in for me next week. Maybe if you're lucky, you'll be seeing them online.
Another magical part of my evening: I stopped at Walmart, as was previously mentioned. While I was there this guy walked past me and commented on my earrings. He was a different kind of fellow, but really nice. So we chatted about my earrings for a few brief seconds and then I darted away. A few minutes later he came up to me again and then started talking about movies that he thought were really great. Cool. This guy needs someone to talk to. That's fine. THEN (my favorite part)- He comes and asks me if I am on Facebook. Thank the high heavens, the answer to that question is no. He then tells me that if I ever decide to join then I should add him as a friend. Of course I will. (This, of course, solidifies the decision to never get on Facebook ever, ever again.) "How good is your memory?" he asks. I answer with something stunningly witty and clever, such as "Uh, good.". He then proceeds to tell me his email address. Which I still have memorized. Hours later. Man, this guy is good. (It may have had something to do with the fact that he explained what goblins and lava were. Because both of those words were in the address.)
Lesson learned:
1. Don't shop at Walmart. And definitely never go there alone.
2. Don't wear earrings. Keep your head low and acknowledge no one.
3. If anyone ever asks you anything about your memory or intelligence level, act as though you don't understand them. Tell them to use smaller words.
Well friends. This is my life.... I guess. As sad as that may be.
Peace. Enjoy conference, peeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment