Sweet Georgie Brown!
The institute closing social/ Luau was last night.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to anyone that helped out in any way!
There were so many people that were so kind with their hours or service or their kind encouraging words.
I thank you all with every fiber of my being! (As you may now sense- I'm pretty serious about this.)
So... really- Thanks, guys.
My last activity. *Sigh*..... Weird.
In other news- I wrote a few papers this week. It was all so exciting. Let me just tell you- I can't sit still for very long. I tend to get a little rowdy. I seriously thought that they were going to kick Ashley and I out of the library on Wednesday. Also- Da' Ash-dizzle and myself had to have a small dance party to motivate me to finish my silly educational autobiography.... It worked. I finished my paper. (With much greater joy, I might add.)
Yesterday was Earth Day. And Good Friday. And True Aggie Night. And, of course, our activity. (And many other things... For example, there was a street fair in Logan.) My! What a weekend!
I tried to do something to celebrate each of these special occasions:
Earth Day: We tie dyed clothes, as per our tradition. However, when I was rinsing the dye out of everyone's shirts the next morning, I did not wear gloves. So... now my hands are stained and looking completely gross. People keep asking questions. And looking at me like I have no hygiene.
Good Friday: I told someone that it was good Friday. And, Ashley points out, that I had a feast. BBQ beef sandwiches- Thank you, luau.
True Aggie Night- As per another tradition, I camped out at the "A" on campus and tried to kiss one guy for every year old that I am. That's 24. However, this did not end up happening...because I am telling you a complete and utter lie. (Bad Angie. Bad.) I would say the real way that I celebrated this was avoiding every slow song... and dance, really... that played at the institute activity. Guys have cooties. (And I don't know if you've seen the blog that I posted not too long ago- Cookies are evil. And something like one in four children is infected! I will not be a number. I refuse to be a part of that statistic.)
The Luau- What did I not do to celebrate this? We searched frantically for the movie Swiss Family Robinson. We went to Lees and picked up 1000 buns for the event (Which completely filled two shopping carts, by the way. This is why I love shopping for the institute- guaranteed stares.) Scott and I went to Sams and filled two grocery charts with delicious luau fruit and treats. Umm... etc. And etc etc. Suffice it to say that this was definitely celebrated and revered to the max.
Other wonderful things from my life:
-I had a work meeting this morning. I showed up in sweats. And my newly tie dyed attire. I looked like death. Greasy hair... the whole bit. And wouldn't you know it- we had three new hires at the meeting. They probably thought I was hungover or something. My boss should really warn me about these things. Somehow everyone else seemed to get the memo.But, of course, they don't have a story like this on their blogs today, do they? Go me.
-Teaching the lesson in RS tomorrow. That should be sweet. Who loves teaching? Me! And my darling, Ashley, will be speaking in Sacrament Meeting. We are so going to dominate the block.
-Emily made delicious granola for Earth Day. It was good.
-I need to hire someone to give me foot massages. I think that would be very nice. And completely beneficial to my health and sanity. (This is really something coming from me- I don't really love feet. And I don't love people touching mine. I'm much too ticklish to mess with that nonsense. However, I need has arisen.)
1 comment:
Um.
You're really funny.
Why haven't we camped out at the A for every True Aggie Night we've been here?
Also, cooties may be bad, but cookies are not. BAHAHA!
Post a Comment