Monday, November 07, 2011

This day

Here is a story:
Today I went shopping. Clothes shopping. Alone. Which... is normally in my top 10 things I hate. But I did it. Ugh.... I did it.
(And I walked away the proud owner of new scarves, dress shirt and dress pants. Woo.)

Then I went to Lees. Because I have no food. And I need to eat something besides granola bars. (Even those were running low. I was desperate.)
I walked up and down every isle, because- obviously- I want to make the most of this trip. Get everything that I can. Obvisiously. And.... I'm sorry, is there somekind of sick law that states that you have to shop with a significant other? Because it sure seemed like that. (Just to set the record straight, I was not with a significant other. I was alone. Alone with my pudding mix.) Not only am I trying to squeeze around the masses of people, but I'm trying to breath out my mouth as much as possible... because I forgot to shoove tissues in my bag. And this is who I am. Man... I'm cool.

In other news... It's 6:40 and I want to go to bed. Ask you, is it really that wrong?

Also, a girl at work gave me an early Christmas gift. Can you imagine what it be? If you guessed the new Bieber Christmas album... you are right. Man, I have the best job. I laugh. Laugh long and hard about this. And we have already had several dance parties while closing. Thank you, JB. Thank you. Also, the song "Mistletoe"? Ha ha. My fave. My FAVE. (And it has been running through my mind nonstop...) Here is my favorite line from the song: "The wise man followed a star, the way I followed my heart..." BRILL.

So... I just want to watch Christmas movies. And do crafts. And do nothing else. Is that so wrong? Is that SO wrong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The part about grocery shopping as a couple. I think about that sometimes when I'm at the store... that someday I may have to shop with a significant other... and it actually terrifies me.

I mean, I have a hard enough time making my own purchasing decisions... and then to have another opinion in the mix?! Yikes!

AngieDoodle said...

Ha ha. Truth. Very much a truth.

Thanks for the insight.