I feel one drop of rain hit.
Then another.
and another.
I sky has started trickling.
I stand there trying to enjoy what change this may bring.
I begin to think that I'm adjusting.
This is something that I can handle.
Then it starts to rain a little more.
a little heavier.
a little meaner.
Here I am, standing right in the middle of a flashflood.
I have no umbrella and there is no where to run for cover.
I discover that, not only is this angry rain, it's freezing rain.
I'm so cold that I'm shaking.
I think that at any instant I could kill over dead.
I decide that the only way that I'll ever find a way out is if I run.
So I run.
I run so hard that I have to puke.
I stop and listen.
All I can hear is the thumping of my heart and the crash of the rain.
But other than that...
Nothing.
No one is there to help me and things aren't getting any better.
Things are worse.
The worst.
But, I can't give up.
I can't let the rain take me over.
I can't let the bad guys win.
I take a deep breath.
I take a step and start walking.
Pretty soon my steps turn into a light jog.
Then the light jog turns to a run.
This time as I run, things start to mellow out.
I keep running and the further I go,
the less it rains.
Eventually the rain has completely stopped.
The sky goes from it's color of gray despair
to a warm sunny paradise.
I thought that long journey would kill me,
but I see the destination,
it was all worth it.
1 comment:
This is the way that I feel when I'm stressed. There isn't anyway where to hide. You just have to get wet. But, the bright side is that it can't rain forever...
Post a Comment