Sunday, July 03, 2005
Bring on the Good Times
I was recently talking to a good friend of mine, Mekelly-Sue. We were discussing how all of the good television shows have died out. They no longer exist. They are now just re-runs and fragments in our memories. I know that I discuss entertainment (via the boob-tube) quite a bit. The reason that I do so is simply because we spend like half of our life in front to the television (no, that is not a study-proven statistic). When we were younger there were so many good shows playing, the sea was endless. Just to name a few: My little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, Today's Special, and so many, many more. Even as we got older, there were still some good shows out there. There weren't as great in number, but they were still there. One great example: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Note, only the first season was good. The longer that the show goes on, the worst that it gets. But, that show had everything. It had the action, the sound effects, the amazing action-wear, and even the romance! (Remember Tommy and Kimberly? What a couple!). Now, it's true that I may have gone off on the tiniest little tangent, but it doesn't matter. The point is, that we once had all of this great entertainment in front of us and now it's gone. What are we going to do? We've got to fix the world! We've got to re-align the planets, or whatever that mumbo-jumbo crap is. The world will not be at peace until then. So, if there are any film or television people out there: CAPTURE THE VISION! We need your help. It's no laughing matter. Remember- be creative and NO, ( I repeat) NO sequels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree; although Arthur is still on without many reruns. I haven't watched TV, aside from the news and few fragments of show, in a long time. This is partly because there isn't anything that interests me and that's on regular program TV. Sometimes there's something good on Discovery, (my family has very basic cable which adds only about six good channels to our smorgasbord).
Post a Comment