Saturday, July 02, 2005
More Fish in the Sea
Early today I was doing some scrapbooking with my good friend, Palm-Dog. It was her first time ever trying her hand at it. I hoped that she liked it, though sometimes it can be very frustrating. Many times when I scrapbook, I get up feeling like I've just been sitting there. A thought hit my mind that put me at ease. I didn't have to worry if she's having fun because it could be much worse. Let's take fishing for example. It's totally boring. You sit there for hours, days it feels like. If you think about it, all that you're doing is hanging some goodies on a string and trying to bribe some duimb animal. Sometimes I wonder how much these fish actually think about taking the bait. While sitting in the hot sun, it's easy to imagine those sneaky little creatures plotting the way that they'll out smart you. Honestly, how else would the bait have disappeared when you reel it in. No fish, no bait. These fish are a lot smarter than they are letting on. But in all seriousness, when someone takes you fishing all that ends up happening is you two sit there and talk while holding a stick. It's not like you could get that high grade of conversation in an air conditioned building, like your house. And it wouldn't be a true experience without mosquitoes and bugs coming at you from every direction. When you or your date finally catches a fish, what do you do with it? Eat it? Fat chance. Besides the horrid taste, you would have to gut the fish before taking it home as the newest member of your family. That'll be a sight to see. I just don't understand the fun in fishing- at all. And while I'm talking about things that I don't understand, here's another: Why in the world do you have to have a fishing license? So, you don't hurt any fish? ha. Because you need training, that way you can learn to fish more effectively. Not even. I realize that those park ranger hoodlooms are just trying to make money off us all, but come on. That's just one more reason why you should NEVER fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment