Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Forever Waiting

It seems like we, as a human race, are always waiting for something. It's not always the same thing, but there's one thing or another that we're holding out for. When I was in school, I felt like I was always, always waiting. See, here's my method of thinking: It's Monday morning, you can't wait until it's Friday, then you'll finally be able to do something fun. The weekend finally arrives and you play your little heart out, knowing that soon it will have to start all over again. And that's not all. Everyday single day, you're waiting. Not just to progress further into the week, but you wait for school to get out, or you wait til your work shift ends, or whatever dreadful thing you're stuck doing. Maybe I'm the only person that feels like this. I wish that there was some way that I could stop waiting, because every time that I have to wait, I think about this stupid chain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe waiting is just a part of life. I see waiting as connected to hope. We wait for something with hope that it'll come. When we stop waiting for something and stop looking forward for things, we begin to lose hope.