Ya know, I have been coming across all of these songs lately and I think, 'Oh my gosh, this would be the perfect song to sing as a lullaby to my kids'. I know, it's weird. I know, it's not right. I know, I shouldn't be sharing that with you.
As I was thinking about the whole lullaby craze I realized something kind of sad. My parents never sang them to me. (Well, I hear that my dad would sing me this one song when I was a baby, but I have absolutley no recolection of that. So, we'll just forget that one. It works better with my story, anyway). When we were younger and we couldn't sleep my parents would come in and turn on a tape for us to listen to. (That was only in the beginning. After a while we had to start turning them on ourselves). Usually we would listen to the "Scripture Scouts". I don't know if that means anything to anyone besides me, but it's basically a couple of kids that like to get together and talk about the scriptures. Quite interesting actually. I listen to them occationally.
The point here is that when I had a bad dream or anything like that I had to turn to technology to soothe me. It's just strange when you think of it like that.
I've got to be fair, though. It did help me to get to sleep. It was a lot easier on my parents. It did help me to learn the scriptures better.
So, if you want your kids to turn out like me. You know what to do. Or, you can just stay away from this whole method, and end up having normal kids. The choice is yours.
2 comments:
I love the "Scripture Scouts." We used to listen to them all the time. Good stuff, good stuff. -H.bear
I LOVE the "Scripture Scouts". Man, the adventures they'd have. I'd listen to them on my little talking microphone thing. You know what I'm talking about? Anyway, I think your parents did something right, anyway. :D
Post a Comment