Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Vibrant Colors

Yesterday as I was walking into my house I noticed the tulips that are sprouting in our garden. They were such a deep red that it almost took my breath. Sounds so cheezy, I know. But it made me stop and think, anyway. I had such a weird feeling. It was as if the deep red color meant something, and I was supposed to figure it out. Well, I don't think that I figured it out. But the more that I think about it, the more answers that I come up with. I would like to share one that has kind of stuck out to me. It is also a little corny, so please just bare with me.
As I have been thinking about those flowers and the vibrance of their color, I am reminded of us. People living in the prime of their lives. Then I think more about the life of a flower. Their lives are so short. Their deaths are so sudden. Not the most cheerful thought, but I think that we are a lot like flowers. From the growth, life, and death of the flower. I guess the whole point of my ranting is that I have realized how fragile life is. We don't know when it will happen, it just comes suddenly. Many times, it comes very easily. So, I guess the message that I'm trying to get across is that we all need to be grateful for the wonderful lives that we have. We need to live the best lives that we can because, before you know it, it's over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that thought and inspiration about living our lives the best we can. You are so full of wonderful ideas. You're awesome!
-H.bear