Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Internal Confession

I'm like everybody else, in the sense that I need a little silent time to myself everyday. But I think that a little is all that I can handle. I don't want to sound weird or anything, but does anybody else have this problem? When I'm by myself for a while I get kind of upset. I don't get mad or anything, just depressed. When I'm around people everything is great. I don't think that I could be sad if I wanted to be. I just don't understand why my quiet, peaceful, thinking times usually end badly. I don't know, it's so weird, and I know that I sound totally stupid. I just wonder how I can go from being at the very peak of happiness when I sit down, to being in tears a little while later. Tell me this happens to you. I swear I'm not crazy......

3 comments:

Ganimobile said...

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!! That's happened to me so many times. I need alone time but then there is no one to cheer me up when I get depressed. A lot lately I've been on my own and just cried for no reason at all. I don't know why I just do. I think that when you are alone you aren't always thinking clearly and there's no one to make everything understandable. Life gets hard sometimes so we need to surround ourselves with those that will make it easier.

Mogwai said...

You are not crazy. Odds are, and I most definitely could be wrong, there is something in your life right now that, whether you are aware of it or accepting of it, is bothering you. Work out what that thing is, solve the problem, and you are set. I used to be like this a lot and every once in a while I still am but I figured out what my problem was and I worked it out.

I also think part of my problem is that I am a people person. Being around people tends to cheer me up even if I don't really like the person or persons. Right now, I live alone in the boonies of Japan and while my Japanese is improving, I still can't really communicate very well with people. This can be way lonely and after a few months of it, you either learn how to be a friend to yourself or you end up going home and crying.

Anywho, you don't know me and I have only been reading your blog for a few days but that is my two cents. BTW when I lived in the States, I lived in Boise, ID so we are kind of sort of neighbors in a statehood sort of way. :)

AngieDoodle said...

Hey Neighbor! I would sing you the Mr. Roger's song, but I don't know if that would be quite the same in writing.....