Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bound in Freedom

Today I was officially released from my calling in the Primary. The reason that I had to be released was because I was starting a new schedule at work and I have to work on Sundays. That means that I can only go to about half of the meetings. Anyway, I always thought that when I would released from my calling I would feel relieved. I still have other callings, it's not like I'm going to be completely without something to do. I just figured that life would be a ton easier when I wouldn't have to prepare a lesson and babysit as the boys in my class starting fighting with each other or picking their noses. So here I am, a released woman. After a year of teaching the little ones, here I am. I've got to tell ya, it doesn't feel all that great. I feel like I'm totally abandoning my kids. I don't know....it sounds so dumb. I feel so guilty. Here's the thing that really got me. I went to the house of a girl that was in my class to take some stuff to her mom. While I was visiting with Mom, she told me that the girl got a pet bird and named it after me. Such a nice thought..... Geez, I'm a jerk.

No comments: