Cool cement gently touches the backs of my thighs.
A gentle breeze blows and relaxes every muscle I've got.
I rest under the welcoming shade of a nameless tree.
The calm crashing of water enters my ears from the distance.
This feels like a home.
It's so peaceful that I don't think that I'll ever move from this spot.
I have not a worry in the world.
I observe people walking around me.
At first they scuttled around like ants rushing to their separate hills.
Now there are stragglers.
Some seem to have a destination. Others, many others, are like me.
Floating and drifting through life until it's time for the next class.
3 comments:
I'd say I'm like you as a floater. You and me, hey we'll call you ROOT and me BEER....The Root Beer Floaters.
Of course YOU'RE beer! I love it!
Isn't school great! I love just wandering for a while in the peaceful campus air. It sure beats being late. :)
-H.bear
Post a Comment