I went to St George this past weekend with my family. We went to the Tuacahn Amphitheater and saw South Pacific. It was so amazing. I actually hated the show before we saw it there...now I'm a believer. See it. Love it. Crave it.
I learned a lot during my time in the desert. For one, I learned that my little brother is the best bowler in my entire family...and it was only the second time that he had ever been bowling. Man, not fair. The more that I play, the worse that I get. I am convinced that the bumpers were created for people like me.
I also learned how to correctly position your plate while eating dinner. One night we were eating in a buffet. I had my plate full of yummy food (lasagna, potatoes, rice, tortalini....okay, so none of it goes together. It's a buffet! Gimme a break!) and I thought that it was sitting securely on my plate. All of the sudden (you know you saw this one coming) my plate flipped over into my lap! It splattered all over my front and all over the floor. Of course I was wearing new clothes. And, of course, it made quite a bit of noise so that everyone turned around to look. On top of that, my family was sitting right next to the entrance, so it was like a little welcome to all of those hungry people.
See, this is why people go on vacations...to learn these valuable lessons (Actually, I've already learned the lesson about spilling food. Does anyone remember Jr high?).
Friends, I hope that you can learn from my mistakes. If you go bowling, get the bumpers on your lane. If you go out to eat, ask for an apron.
2 comments:
you're so funny! yet all of it is true.. hmm...
wow- inspirational!
I love South Pacific! I saw it at the Hale Centre Theater. It was awesome! See you soon! Utah State- wahoo!
-H.bear
Post a Comment