Thursday, March 01, 2007

Abandoned Road

Is it weird that I enjoy walking through the cemetary? Seriously, it's such a peaceful place. I can just take a stroll through there and get some wonderful thinking time in. I have heard of many people that never, Never, NEVER go near any cemetary cause they think it's scary or gross because there are people burried in the ground. I don't know....I have just always thought of it as being kind of a reverence and celebration for the lives of those people that have been laid there to rest. I have always loved cemetaries...true, it's harder to go there after you loose someone that you love. With recent events I have had a little hesitation in returning, but I have decided that I am just going to focus on the wonderful lives and adventures that are celebrated. I once heard a thought about a headstone. I know that I am totally going to butcher it, but it went a little something like this... What's not important is not the year that you are born or the year that you die. What matters is that little dash between the two numbers; It's your life that matters....




















2 comments:

fezzik said...

I love it. Cemetaries are such peaceful places. I love your first picture. :)

Anonymous said...

I like that thought there at the end. it's so true. I don't think it's weird to enjoy walking through cemetaries, i do it myself. TTFN -h.bear