My life is a kaleidoscope of thoughts and memories.
Some are good are some are bad.
Usually I feel in control of the image playing before my eyes.
I can turn the tube of the kaleidoscope and distort the image.
It's not so much distorting the image as it is adjusting for my place in life.
It can show a more positive side.
But, as of late, I have not been the controller of the device,
and the collage of thoughts are not as bright as they once were.
I have been pulled inside of the tube.
I am falling, falling towards the sea of colors that are now the floor.
But the ground never gets closer.
My stomach is in my throat and as time passes the feeling remains.
I am stuck in an eternal abyss.
The feeling of hopelessness consumes me.
Right as I decide to end this and turn my fall into a dive,
I feel a tug at my foot.
As I glance at my feet I realize that there is a string.
A string leading up.
A string to save me.
I couldn't feel the string at first.
It was just a gentle feeling.
I had a decision to make.
Was I going to let myself continue falling,
Or was I going to make the effort to pull myself up?
Of course it wouldn't be easy.
But it would be possible.
It would be worth it.
2 comments:
I wish i could say something helpful, some sort advice that would make life seem worthwhile, but i can't. I can't because i am in the same boat or "tube" as you. All i can say is that i look up to you, and love you like a sister. If you want to talk...come to me...anytime, anyplace.
Beautiful poem- once again you have used those words amazingly. Hold on to that string- never let go and never give in to the easy way out. Look forward (or up) with steadfast faith in Christ and it will work out. I have a strong testimony of this. If you need to talk, Crisco and I are both available anytime to talk, as are many of your other friends, I'm sure. Be strong, my friend, and never let go!
Love ya, H.bear
Post a Comment