Monday, September 24, 2007

Fence the Nighttime

Ya know that feeling between awake and completely exhausted?
The feeling where you want to fall asleep and you are COMPLETELY ready for it,
But something is keeping you up?
I have been experiencing this way too often.
I won't want to put in my retainer.
Or I am too lazy to turn off the light.
Or walk upstairs to my bedroom.
Or there are those times that I just can't turn my brain off.
There is a thought that somehow weasles its way in there and I can't seem to shake it out.
I hate it when that happens....I think.
Anyway, on this very night I find myself stuggling with this problem.
Even though I can very easily count down the hours before my class starts.
I'm just here.
Wishing that I could puke all of my thoughts and feelings on to the screen.
But puke is never pretty.
So I had better not.
But just know that I was thinking about it.
And now the bed will win.
I am going to close the book called mind and lay down my head to rest.
Let everything slip away
Until tomorrow night.

No comments: