Friday, September 05, 2008

Institute, How I Love Thee....

Okay, it's time. Rather than give everyone a long and boring update on the nothingness of my life, I thought that I would put in a little plug. Institute. Tell me ya saw this one coming....
The last few days I have just been thinking all about the institute program and how awesome it is. I think the thing that got me started was the other day when the institute leadership had a telethon. We called the members in the wards and stakes of the area and talked to them about the awesome classes that are offered and also the Friday Night Activities (Ooh yeah!) that happen each week. Yeah, I know that it sounds like a strange thing to do. I'm sure that some of the recipients of the calls/texts thought that it was strange... But I had a good time. So I decided to come up with a list of reasons that I love the institute! (But I think that I should probably have a little disclaimer... there are many more reasons than those mentioned).

10- Meet awesome people that you might not have otherwise. 
9- Learn rad new stuff about the gospel/ reminded of things that you had learned before.
8- You are able to pick the topic that you study. There are a ton of great classes offered. There is a little something for everyone (Preparation for Eternal Marriage, anyone? That class was actually pretty darn AWESOME).
7-Able to participate in groups like IWA (Institute Womens Association)
6- INCREDIBLE teachers!!!!! (Seriously. Very seriously.)
5-You can fit a class anywhere in your schedule. Not only are the classes offered on any subject, but they are offered at nearly any time.
4-Institute activities = Free Food. Simple enough. 
3- Gain a stronger testimony. It's unreal how much you can grow. 
2-They have comfy chairs in the lounges. Seriously, with the soothing spirit and the soft seats... Why would you choose to nap in any other place? Besides that, you know that the institute students won't do anything to you while you catch some Zzz's. Sometimes I worried about that while sleeping in the TSC....
1- Dating. (I know that this should not be at the top of my list. I mean, it's not really.... but it's more dramatic to have this one at the end, ya know?) Not that I date a ton, but this week I had the sweet pleasure of going out with a fellow that is in one of my classes that I met in my marriage prep class 2 years ago. It does happen. I was beginning to wonder. (Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I introduced myself to the class as a single girl that likes to take long walks on the beach. Hmmm...).
Well, there ya have it, my friends. If you are in a position that you are able to take institute classes- DO IT! It too will bless your lives. And if you're not in a position that you are able to attend, be an institute student supporter. ;)


8 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Institute is so awesome :) I haven't been for a long time though because some people in my class asked what I was doing there since I was married.... RUDE! Married people like the gospel too!

AngieDoodle said...

Are you kidding? That is so ridiculous! You are welcome to come to institute with me! ;)

fezzik said...

Institute = love

Stephanie said...

Institute is one of the best things in my life. I love it. I have met some of the best people in institute. manda, institute is for everyone no matter what. I'll go with you to a class if you want.

Holli said...

Yay for institute!! Yay for married people in institute! Although we are the minority. And there is a little different perspective when you go to institute and you're married.

Mandi said...

Duh, angie, why are you so cute?? seriously. I may possibly need to hug you. like right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Ang you are the little sweety I remember. You've always been such a great friend. Oh i miss the good ol days of when we stayed home sick together in elementary with the chicken pox. That was awesome! btw to this day i still never got my costume from Valana's birthday! ha ha ha! We are all moved in the house, let me know when you and your friends wanto to head to Arizona for a trip! :) free room, food, and sweet pool! (well the pool is the father in laws, but its awessome!)
Love you Angie! :)

Robison Clan said...

Oh yeah... I wanted you to know, I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Sexy Momma!

-Deb