Saturday, October 04, 2008

Fuzzy Brain Thinkies

It's been a few days since my last post, so I figure....What the hey! I may as well write a little somethin-somethin.
I do have some pictures and other things that I have been thinking about posting, but I think that all of that can wait for another day. For some reason I just feel like writing... even though I didn't have anything in specifically in mind that I would like to write. So buckle yourselves in folks. You could be in for quite the ride.
Sometimes my mind gets lost in the strangest thoughts (and usually at the strangest times too). Today while I was at work I happened to be looking at a book from the biography section. Just by skimming over the cover of the book, you could see what an amazing person this was about. He did so much with his life. He was so smart. He did so much for the world. He had such a zest for life. Ya know what I'm saying? Yeah, so then I started to wonder- If someone were to write a book about me what would it say? "She was an okay person. She usually didn't do bad stuff....". It made me step back and look at myself a little more closely. Am I just being a good person, or am I going out of my way to help the people around me that really need it? Am I changing peoples lives for the better? (I don't know if I was thinking about this mostly because of my institute class...Miracle of Forgiveness... But it has been on my mind quite a bit the last few days. Even before that, though, Ashley and I sort of discussed that in life you have a problem when things become about you.... If that makes any sense. When we focus on ourselves rather than those around us. I think that is better what I'm trying to say). So that was my big thought of the day. What am I going to do with my life? What is the legacy that I will leave behind?
Another thing that I have been thinking about is... The line. Ya know, that line that determines whether a friend is a friend... or a love interest.... or just a really annoying person.... or whatever the case may be. Not that I am desperately trying to place each of my aquaintances in the proper category, but it's just something that I think about. I wonder where I fall in a lot of people's minds. Am I that girl that always around and always talking, talking, talking? Am I the most angelic creature on the face of the Earth? Ha ha, I'm sure that it's the second one for sure. But ya know what I mean? Sometimes I think that it would be nice to see at least a little bit of what goes on in some people's minds. Of course that would be nothing but trouble, but a girl can dream can't she?
Okay, I think that we have probably all heard enough of my late-night ramblings. Just one last thought- Isn't it insane how much we have each been given? It is INSANE. I guess I am a pretty selfish person, I don't take the opportunity to thank Heavenly Father enough for the things that I have. But, seriously. Just think of everything that we have. The list never ends. God is certainly good. No... Great. Really great. Ummm.... Great, infinity? Even through hard times that I've had (luckily there haven't been any too life altering) I have never had to deal with that alone. It's amazing to finally recognize the love. I guess I always knew that it was there, but once I started focusing on it I could feel it more and more and more. It makes me want to tell everyone about it. It makes me want to belt it out in a song from the highest.... mountain. ("The hills are alive...."). It makes me want to write a blog! Eh, eh? How about that? It's that good.
Oh my goodness. I am so ridiculous. I really didn't mean to allow myself to ramble for this long. I have to get up and get ready to listen to conference. Woot woot!
I hope that you are all having an awesome weekend. I hope that everything is going well for you... and if it isn't, I hope that you will let me know what I can do for you! Thank you all for your friendship and support and excellent examples. You're the best!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Thank you! That post was really refreshing for me today. I've been doing homework and reading about politics, so thank you for bringing gratitude for our Heavenly Father back to the front of my mind. Also, for reminding me that I ought to try doing something everyday to better the life of someone around me. Making a difference in the world has been on my mind, too.
Like I said, your post was so refreshing! Thank you! You've bettered my life today.