Monday, October 20, 2008

One Year Older and....What?

Confession: My birthday rocked. It was last Wednesday and I had a had a most wonderful day! It wasn't any huge or glorious thing that happened, but it's always great to have to chance to look at all of the wonderful blessings that you have in your life. I am so grateful for all that I have! Especially my awesome friends! Thanks for treating me like such a champ!

Ashley and Marisa surprised me in the morning with a bouquet of balloons and a basket of goodies. It was so wonderful. One of the great parts about it was when they ran into the bedroom singing happy birthday I was sitting there in my bath robe. Not a huge deal. I just thought that it would be pretty funny if there had been anyone else there with them. It would have been a shocking sight. :)

For lunch we went to Cafe Sabor! I used to work there and haven't really been there since, so it was a special treat to go and chow there. It was also pretty cool because I knew like everyone that was working, so when we walked in they all yelled birthday salutations at me. How sweet. Also- We got free fried ice cream. Does it really get any better than that?
(Note the lovely glasses. They are birthday specs. We got them for Ash for her birthday and I am just helping to continue the tradition.)

After Ash and I got back from the meeting that we had for IWA, we were able to go to the $3 theater and watch Wall*E. It was most glorious. I do love that show. Most of us had already seen it, but I been wanting to go and see it again. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it till November 18th. It was quite exciting because we all got in for $2... How can you beat that? Seriously? The movie was AWESOME!
(Except that Lynn kept throwing his popcorn at me. What a meanie-head!)

After the movie some of us went to Angie's! Woot woot! With a name like that, you know that only goodness can be inside. We "cleaned the sink". It was A-MAZING. Ice cream, brownies, chocolate, peanut butter cups, oreos.....Oh! Heavenly! I am just embarrassed to say how quickly the five of us cleaned it off!
So there ya have it. I very brief overview of my birthday happenings. Thanks everybody for your love and friendship. You're all the best!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday. you totally deserve it. too bad i wasn't able to spend the day with ya. I"m sorry i didn't call or anything. happy belated birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a spectacular birthday! :) YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer I couldn't be there, I am SUCH a party animal !!!

fezzik said...

Birthdays rock. You rock. Angie's rocks. Ice cream rocks. All of that combined together? Amazing.