Monday, December 22, 2008

Page Turner

I love books. I love reading. (This makes my job quite ideal). I love people. You know what would be absolutely fantastic? If you could combine all of these things!
I wish that I could read people, just like I read a book. Sure, there may be those times that I don't necessarily understand everything that I'm reading...But at least I've got a general idea of what's going on. Real life, of course, is nothing like that. I never know what people mean by what they say, or how they act, or....whatever. (For that matter, I don't understand the way or the reason that I do things.) I wish that I knew the secret to understanding people. I wish that I knew how to let people know what's going on inside. I wish that communication was real. One thing that I love about reading is that you become so invested in the book. Many times, you grow to love the story and it becomes a part of you. How wonderful would it be to have that care and love for those that we come in contact with? Another bonus: Life is beautiful. If it were a tale written in a book, don't you think that it would be the most soft and lovely piece of poetry to ever grace the human mind? Exactly.

4 comments:

Perception said...

i think we would get along

Marisa said...

I wish I could read people too. All the time I'm wondering what people are inflecting by tone or actions... I'm usually clueless

fezzik said...

Brilliance!

fezzik said...

So...this doesn't apply to this post. But I just wanted to let you know... the little Joy in the Journey thing has now gotten that song in my head. After I started singing Joy In the Journey, I then started singing "Call Home (call home!)". Now I hope it's in your head, too. :)