Monday, February 22, 2010

Fish Tales

Don't you just love this time of year? Sweaters and tights are very in. It's perfect for cuddling up in a cozy blanket. And the smell of throat drops in so strong in the air, it just burns your nostils.
Ahh! Winter!

I am excited for it to be the beginning of the another grand week. I'm not really sure why this excites me, but we'll just roll with it. It's exciting.

Last week was pretty much stellar. Most especially yesterday.
We were lucky enough to have Elder Robert D. Hales, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, come up yesterday and speak to us at a fireside. It was so wonderful.
Not only that, but I was so incredibly blessed that I was able to be in a group of people that had a dinner with him before the fireside. How wonderful it was to sit at the feet (quite literally. Ashley was about a foot and a half away from him and I was about 3 feet away.) of an apostle and hear him speak to us! Ah! He has such an AMAZING spirit about him! Also... I shook his hand. So feel free to come and touch my hand. (If there are any men that happen to be reading this... you can HOLD my hand. I'm just throwing that out there.)
It was awesome.

In other news. On a less happy note... One of our dear fish died.
We got fish a while back from the institute open house. We started out with three: George (pronounced Gay-org), Gunther, and Gerrensby. And now... Gunther is the only one left.
I'm not sure if that I should feel sorry for the little guy (now being all alone), or if I should blame him for killing the other two. (He's bigger than the other fish.... Do we sense a food hog?)


Here is Gunther. He is frowning. Probably because he is the only one not swimming around in that giant fish tank in the sky. And... slightly up and to the left is Gerrensby. As you can see, he's dead.

Bow wow, Old Friend. Bow wow.

3 comments:

Holli said...

That is great you guys got to have dinner with Elder Hales! What a great opportunity!

Marisa said...

I feel like that bowl is an "I spy"... I didn't notice the dead fishie until you pointed him out ;)

Marisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.