Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Imagine Peace


The peace sign. Many of you may have seen it before. For those of you that haven't... you must be living in a cave.
I have been pondering the fact these little guys (being the peace signs) are EVERYWHERE. Seriously... everywhere. Everyone is sportin the peace. Which... okay, that's rad. More power to ya. I myself have been known to show the love.
As I see this sign appear on more and more things. Appear in more and more places.... I have to ask myself ,why? What's the point?
Now... Allow me to clarify my thought. Yes, it is wonderful that everyone is going crazy about world peace. I would love to have world peace. And peace is something that we should always be striving for. Peace=Important. (You see? I'm not a hater.)
My wondering is this: As the peace sign becomes more popular, is peace actually becoming more popular? What are we doing to actually invite the peace? Peace isn't just going to happen.
Do you see what I'm saying? Is anyone following me in this thought, or am I way off in left field?
And... with these thoughts I found myself asking, What is peace? Really? I mean, I know that I could just look it up in the dictionary. But to me what is peace? I think that I have a pretty good idea. My knowledge of the Savior and His true gospel have brought me the greatest rest. (Which I am so incredibly grateful for. I don't want to down-play that in any way, shape, or form). I just wonder... What is happening in the realms of my mind that creates that contentment? Why do somethings make me feel so relaxed and happy, and others.... not so much?

No comments: