I know that I really should be sleeping. I really should be.
But I've been sleeping all day (because I'm sick). So... We'll justify it. (Even though the justification is completely backwards. Sick people need more sleep. Naughty me.)
I just thought that I would share a few thoughts on this lovely eve....
Sunday morning, I was sitting on the floor at my parents house. From the bottom of the stairs, I had a wonderful view (through the front door) of the beautiful sky. I love the sky. And I love clouds. A LOT. (Which makes this story even better.) I glanced up and noticed a cloud. Lovely. But instead of going back to what I was doing, I sat and watched the cloud. It was surprising to me how quickly the cloud moved across the sky and eventually disappeared. Interesting to think about. Since observing that, I have been pondering how that applies to life. (Maybe this'll be a stretch, but go with me on this.) When you first look at a cloud, it doesn't look like it's really moving at all. So it is with life. Some days or stages feel long, like they're never going to end. But before you know it.... time has flown by. Slipped through your fingers. It's just reminder to me to appreciate every second that I have.
(Man... I don't know. I just wish that I could say things the way that they are in my mind. It would sound so much better. But there you have it, anyhow.)
Second thought. Today I went to the grocery store. I needed the sickie essentials: soup and saltines. Naturally, I went out bundled up in my sweats, looking like a completely homeless person. I noticed an unnatural flurry beginning to buzz. And I realized. It was happening. Mothers shopping with their best-dressed freshman, getting them all ready for school. My
stomach sank even more than it had with illness. Ugh.... How could it be that time of year??
Not that I hate school. On the contrary, I think it's pretty swell. And I am so excited to have my friends moving back to this blessed land. But I'll be completely honest. Logan in the summer is the ideal for my life. Perfect weather and there aren't crowds of people everywhere that you go.
That's it. The problem. I hate crowds. (I have finally come to grips with this reality. And, quite frankly, I'm not sure what to do with myself at this point. Does this mean that I am doomed to a life of solitude and snow globes? It's all so troubling.)
Those are pretty much my thoughts. And that How to Train a Dragon is released to DVD on October 15th. Not that I'm super thrilled about the movie (I mean, it was good...), I just wanted to inform everyone that is my birthday. And I couldn't think of a more sly way to tell you to mark your calendars.
Yikes. Listen to me. I obviously need sleep.
Good night all.
3 comments:
Yes! To all of the above. I love clouds . . . ever SO much. They are my favorite and your application to life was actually written super well (and I too have had the frustrating feeling of why won't the words sound the same as in my head). AND I also love Logan in the summer - watching swarms of people suddenly fill campus makes me sad.
Thanks for the cloud analagy. It really makes sense and connected with me. Really.
Also, school starts on my birthday. How's that for sly? :)
Shoot- I meant analogy, not analagy.
Post a Comment