Tuesday, August 02, 2011

To Write... Or Not to Write. Not Much Question.

Today I went to my English class. (It's over at the end of this week. Hoorah.)
I left class feeling very overwhelmed. So much to do. So very little time.
My largest concern is that I have two pretty important papers that are due by Friday.
Friday. This Friday.
Ask me how much of the papers I have written.
Answer: Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No chicken scratch er nothin.
Swell.
Now, I feel as though I should point out the fact that I have not been procrastinating these as it may seem.
I have spent hours and hours on the computer researching.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much. (Anyone know where I can find some hot leads on the subject of urban sprawl and disinvestment of neighborhoods? Who in their right mind would choose such a ridiculous topic... Besides me.)

Moral of the story- I got home from work tonight, filled with determination that I would get at least a part of one of these pesky papers written.
The result- No paper. No change.
However, I was successful in wasting some time of Facebook. And checking my email. And watching the end of the Bachelorette with my roomies. Oh, and I have also been shopping for a new major on the USU website. (So it hasn't been completely fruitless.... Except that it kind of has. If you really think about it. I suppose.)

What is my problem? I lack motivation. I also lack time. Heaven help us all.

No comments: