There is a reason that I have not posted in so long.
TECHNOLOGY. I don't have the best relationship with it. I mostly blame this on Howard, son of Gunther. (Gunther = old computer.... For those that weren't aware.) We (Howard and I) are still trying to understand one another.
Anyway, technology. Bah.
I thought that today would be a perfect one to post. I have a migraine and knew there was no way that I could make it through my running class. Oh migraines. Oh running.
As gal pal, Ashley Brock, as previously established on her blog, October is THE month. The best month of the year. The best time of our lives. The cream of the crop. Top of the heap. The best, best, best. And why is this?
1. It's fall. My fave.
2. Halloween. An entire day dedicated to dressing up. You just don't get better.
3. We were born. (Which really is the most important.... so that should have been number one.)
Because this is such a time of celebration, I will now attempt to catch everyone up on the last month of my life. Oh boy. This could be fun.
First things first- Megan and Elise came up and stayed with me for a few days. It was so much fun! One of the adventures that we went on was to the local zoo. I had never been there before, so it was perfect!
I fed the ducks. Because that's who I am. I wanted to see which ducks would fight the hardest for their grub. Answer: The swan does not win. There was no fight. But because they were the biggest... Well, you know the rest. Nobody likes a bully.
We saw the sights of campus. And it was great.
As you may notice, this picture was taken in a bathroom. Yes. I was showing the girls which are the best bathrooms in the library. Answer: Not the one on the first floor. Ugh.
Now.... On to the best thing ever. Ever. Ever. EVER.
Me. My birth. A celebration of my life.
In short- The weekend I turned 25. Golly.
(Can you tell at all that I love my birthday? Didn't think so.)
I started off my birthday with a bang. My coworkers made me a huge card... that I love. It had pictures and everything. Seriously, SO GREAT. I wish that I had been able to include a picture of it.
The beautiful creation that you see above was a gift from my lovely roommate, Kristi. She was not able to be around on my birthday, so she surprised me at work by bringing me balloons. Also this cake. Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
My gosh, she is hilarious. (And... There is a chance that you might not understand the pictures. They are each inside jokes. We have such a strange sense of humor.)
Anyway- LOVED this. Such a great way to get the party started.
Probably the best thing about my birthday was that I was able to spend the majority of the weekend with my family. I love them. A lot. They're good people.
One great thing that we were able to do was take some family pictures. This was great for many reasons.
1. I love my family.
2. I love pictures.
3. We were in the mountains, which is my very favorite place to be in the entire world.
4. We were in the mountains in the fall.... Which is REALLY my favorite. Ah... Fall.
It was so fun being together. And I had a lot of fun making pizza from scratch for everyone to eat. Yummy! Pizza! One of favorite things to partake of.
Thanks, family, for coming to be with me. I sure love you guys.
Also, my family brought me flowers for my birthday. Aren't they the best? Answer: yes. And I love these flowers. They are very fall-ish. And so am I. And so am I.
After I spent the day with my family, I was able to get together with some of my friends. My goodness, this was SO fun. We got all dressed up and went to dinner at Elements. It was the first time that I had ever been there. Fan. I am a fan. Plus, getting fancy on your birthday? So great! I can tell that I am an adult now. 25 year olds dress up and go to nice places. I guess.
Thanks, everyone. This was such a great time!
Check out the cute decorations! Roomies- I love. Also, you must notice that Sariah is holding the video Toy Story 3. I wanted to watch that.... and I asked about every person I know. Not even Hastings had a copy. Thank Heavens for the visiting teaching program... My companion had a copy. Birthday complete.
Note: I even painted my nails for the occasion. Because it IS tradition, after all. The name of the nail polish is "Quarter of a Cen-cherry". Get it? Because I'm now a quarter of a century old. Funny, eh?
Something that was extra special about this birthday: I had three cakes. OH YEAH. And they were all very delicious. (Shout out to Marisa for the awesome chocolate cake. I would have included a picture... But I ate it too quickly.)
Above: the most awkward photo stance. Hmm. Go me.
Also, funfetti cake made by the wonderful Sariah.
Funfetti is my fave. What's not to love about edible confetti?
In summary- My birthday was the best. I can not even begin to tell you. I haven't mentioned even half of the wonderful things...
Thank you, all, for being such great friends. I love and appreciate you all so much.
This birthday was a great time to reflect on my life and all of the wonderful people and things that I have been blessed with.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I can tell that 25 will be the best year yet!


1 comment:
Yay! Happy Beithday! And Thank you for finally posting! This is the only way I can keep track of your life. Also. You are a babe. Maybe it is just the absence of us not seeing each other, but no. You are just getting more babe a licious by the years. Im just saying...! :)
Post a Comment