It's here. Somehow...it's here.
I thought that I would do a quick review of the past year, 2011, by awarding the BEST OF 2011 awards. Eh? You in?
Let's do this thing. (But if it's lame, keep in mind that I had to stay up late to see the new day.... I'm all tuckered out. Enough excuses. Let's begin.)
Drum roll, please.....
THE BEST OF 2011!
Best loungewear:
Utah State Sweats. Hands down.
Best vacation photo:
Spring break. I really hope that you can see the billboard behind us. The fact that we didn't realize it was there is was really makes this humorous, you see.
Best doctor comments:
"If her heart stops beating, we don't want that on our hands."
Runner-up: "Maybe there is something wrong with your brain."
Best blog post of the year:
By gal pal, Ashley. She talked about teen magazines from the early 00's. Funniest. Thing. Ever.
Visit her HERE
Best discovery:
The riverwalk. Who knew? Great for leisurely walks on a Sunday afternoon. Or running. Especially running. I especially prefer it to running on the side of the road in the canyon. (Remember that one time that I ran for dear life? Pretty sure I tell that story to everyone I drive through the canyon with. Sorry, peeps.)
Best internet hobby:
Of course, you all know that I would really like to put something about family history... but I've got to be fair. I learned something pretty splendid this summer. Thanks to you, Becky. I am forever indebted to you. MAKEOVERS. Online makeovers. I can now be a model. Behold....
Best words of comfort to me:
"Don't worry, in a month he'll be engaged to someone else and have completely forgotten about you." Ummm.... Thanks?
Best of childrens photography:
I would have to say that the young Omer child takes the cake on this one. What can I say? I have a gift with photography... Or maybe it was children.... Oh wait. Maybe it was neither.
Best musical:
This was tough. Because there were two that were really good. It was between Pickleville's Joseph or The Drowsy Chaperone by Hale Center Theater. Then I remembered how Ashley and I laughed louder than anyone else at the Chaperone. And someone proposed during intermission... and that was interesting. And then we talked about how we would do our own rendition of the show and it would be a YouTube sensation. I also remember how I almost (yes...almost) talked to the man who played Aldolpho because we NEEDED him in our show. Ha ha. Yes, both plays were great... But I think I know to whom the reward must fall:
Howard, my new laptop
or
Ernie, my blue lumbar pack (NOT a fanny pack)
I'd say this one is a tie.
(I realize you can't really see the bag... but frankly, I don't care. It's 2012 and I'm getting tired...)
Best photo that I happen to come across from my childhood:
A photo of my parents. Aren't they swell?
A photo of my parents. Aren't they swell?
Best wild and spontanious adventure:
Wading tubes through a marsh. And then taking those tubes down the Oneida narrows.
(I can't believe we went through marshes. That is so gross. And it means that we are hardcore... it must.)
Marsh
Narrows
Best dressed:
The grandmothers of 434, of course.
Best book purchase of the year:
Great book. Simple. Very enjoyable.
This was for sure the most anticipated book. I wanted this since at least December 2010.
For the cookie loving child in all of us.
Best quote of the year:
I saw this at work in about January and have not stopped thinking of it since.
If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and his restored gospel nothing can ever go permanently wrong.Best Kiss:
President Howard W. Hunter
And.... the best part of 2012:
Going to bed.
HAPPY NEW YEARS, EVERYONE!






4 comments:
This.
This makes me so happy.
And so HONORED!
:)
:) Loved
Also that was me, BJ. Also. I'm glad I introduced you to the best hobby ever!
Post a Comment