Saturday, March 16, 2013

If I Can Make it There, I'm Gonna Make it Anywhere

I have a confession to make.
I have not been feeling the whole blogging thing lately.
I don't know. I just haven't.
Maybe things will change... but I don't know.
(Does anyone even read this thing? Eh. Oh well.)
 
I pulled up my blog yesterday, for some reason or another,
and I saw a pinata.
That blasted pinata.
As much as I love the Spanish language and the horrifying
experiences that I had in my efforts to learn it...
The pinata had to go.
It brought back memories.
Dark, dark memories.
 
'What should I post?'
thought I.
Then it came to me,
In the voice of a child (from the movie Sleepless in Seattle).
"N.Y."
I should post about New York.
 
I went to New York last week.
I would love to tell you about it.
But, frankly, I don't feel like it right now.
Feel free to ask me questions.
(As a disclaimer: I am not feeling so great, so I'm loafing on the couch,
avoiding the work deadline that I have.
Luckily I have Facebook to remind me that people are
having the time of their lives on spring break.
Thank you, Facebook. Thank you ever so much.)
 
Instead, I shall post pictures.
After all,
Pictures are worth a thousand words.
And my head hurts too much to talk.
 
Enjoy:
 
 
My early sightings of NY from the airplane.
 
One of the lovely views from my hotel room.
Luckily, I had a really great view.
(I say luckily because about 90% of the pictures I took were from my hotel room.)

We did a little walking,
Because that's what New Yorkers do, apparently.
They walk. (They also jaywalk. It was very stressful to me. Ha ha.)
 
The view from my boss' window.
She was kind enough to share the wealth.

We ate at some really great places.
Oddly enough, we ended up eating at an Italian place every night.
I didn't mind, though. The food was SO good.

We were really busy with work on our trip (I guess I should mention that's why I was there- work).
We did get to have a little fun one evening.
We went and saw a show on Broadway.
Any guesses as to what show I chose?

And, finally, a picture with a taxi.
Such a major part of the trip, I didn't want to forget to include one of these guys.
I met many nice foreign men.
A man that I was with would always tell them about the church.
I would always pray. Pray that we wouldn't die because they drove like maniacs.
Luckily, we did not die. Not this time.
 
Please stay tuned for more travelogue and updates.
I'll be hitting a few different countries this summer,
so hopefully things won't be quite as boring as they have been on this blog.
 
Mmmm... yep.
Love you all.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog. And I love your blog. And you. And if you'd like to feel better about your life you should know that I am not having a blast on spring break because people with big girl jobs don't get a spring break (but apparently sometimes they get to go to NY which is WAY cool). Anyway, I think you're the bomb and I love your NY pictures.

fezzik said...

You know what I thought was hilarious?
You were talking about the guy who would tell people about the church and the next line was
I would always pray. Pray I could make it out alive.

Hilarious, man.