Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pack Rat

I have been cleaning my bedroom for the last little while. I has been quite the task. The reason that I say that is because I have to sort through everything and get rid of as much as I can, then put my stuff in to boxes and put them in the storage room. After all this is finished, I will be peeling off the wallpaper and painting. It's been a very interesting experience. It's so funny that in all my eighteen years of being alive, I've picked up such junk. If these things were to be sold, I don't think that they could earn any price over a dollar. These things are my treasures. In the past, I always wanted to keep things things for my kids. They brought me such happiness, or course it will to the same for them. Looking on it now, I just see the things as taking up space. There are many things that I know that I will never use, so I have to get rid of them. I just keep thinking how strange it is that these small things can have such value. Here's one example: I have these posters that congratulate me for making cheer. It's tradition that you receive one as soon as you find out who makes it. I have always kept those, thinking that they were things that I needed to keep. Now, I realize that I would do nothing with those. It's just weird to think about. I'm probably not making any sense. I just think that, maybe letting go is a part of growing up.

No comments: