Saturday, July 23, 2005
The Sound of Silence
Shhh...... Don't say anything!......Do you hear that? It's the sound of silence (not the Simon and Garfunkel song). No one is talking. There is no music playing. No one is snoring. There is no laughing. Why do people enjoy silence? Sure, I'll admit that there are those times that you need quiet or your just going to die....but silence? When things are silent, I feel anything but relaxed. I like things to be loud and obnoxious. Things have never been silent in my life, it's not what makes me feel safe. My house is usually filled with eight people, each person singin a different tune (literally. We are ALWAYS singing. Sometimes I think that I'm living a musical). Tonight, my dad took my brothers to see a movie, my sister was sleeping, and my mom went to the store. That left me all by my self. The house was so quiet it was scary. I was trying to scrapbook, but there was no hope. I couldn't work under the conditions. I had to run to my room, grab a noisy CD, and blast it so that the house would filled with the noise that I am used to. Is that strange, or does this happen to everyone? I have had people ask me if I was afraid of silence (I think what they meant was that I never shut up), I tell them that I am not. When I am talking with someone I don't feel at all uncomfortable when there is a silent pause. That doesn't bother me. What in the world is my problem?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment