Thursday, August 04, 2005
And the Walls Came Tumblin' Down!
My grandma recently broke her hip. She is 90 years old, so everyone has been praying that she will be able to make a good recovery. She lives in Idaho, and so did both of my mom's brothers and their families. My mom feels like she hasn't been able to help much, so now that my grandma is out of the condalesent home, my mom has rushed to stay with her and help her with anything that she needs. I think that this is a good thing.... for my grandparents. For us here at home.... things could be a little different. My mom may be gone for two and a half weeks. What a time for her to go! The younger kids are all trying to get ready for school. I am trying to get my bedroom finished (from the whole remodeling thing). Whew! I just don't know what to do without her. It's not just all of the things that she won't be here to help us with, but just that she won't be here. Now, we can't talk. Sure, there's always the phone, but we all know that's different. I don't know how people can live in a house where there is not a mother. Just knowing that she is there is a comfort. So, for now, we are stuck with my dad. He's a great guy, but he is at work all day and he doesn't really understand us al well as my mom does. With both of my parents gone, that leaves me in charge most of the most. This is something that I would gladly give up. I just know that I am going to do something wrong. I know that it's not as bad as I make it sound. It just feels like the house is going to fall apart with out my mom here. She's our rock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment