Friday, August 05, 2005

This is What I Call Over-Share

I have only been awake for two and a half hours and already my day has been a very interesting one. I was supposed to be at the church at 8:00. I slept through my alarm, so I didn't wake up until about five to. I rushed over to the church (we are having our ward's youth conference) and we started our service project. It was a very easy project. We just passed out fliers advertising the neighborhood blood drive. The group that I took went down my street and also a street called Early Duke, which goes pretty much through the whole neighborhood. As we got to the end of our route, we turned around to start heading back. My tummy started to hurt a little bit, but I thought that I would be okay. I figured that it would be best to ignore it and not say anything to the others. By the time that we were at the corner closest to the church, I had to sit down. One of the girls stayed with me for a minute, then she decided to go on and ask a member of the bishopric to unlock the church so that I could use the bathroom. I finally caught my breath and joined the group. Brother McCleary, this awesome member of the bishopric came up to me and said the church was unlocked and that he was my ride so I could take as long as I needed. By this time I felt like somebody had dumped a bucket of ice on my head. I was very, very hot, but my head was freezing. I walked inside the church. In the darkness, I started to realize how dizzy I was. I thought that I was going to pass out at any moment. I finally made it to the bathroom. I splashed water and my face and layed on the changing table for a minute. I felt better, but I was still so dizzy. When I looked in the mirror and saw that even my lips were white, I decided that I should go home. Now that I am home I feel fine, go figure. The whole thing just makes me mad. I planned this stupid thing, and now I can't even go. This was the last one that I was going to be able to go to anyway, and now I am missing it. I could just kick myself! Why do these sort of things always happen to me?

1 comment:

Ganimobile said...

I am so sorry that that happened to you, but I'm betting that it was some sort of sign telling you not to go. You never know. I also loved all of the other writings. You are a great writer