Friday, October 07, 2005

The Cow Jumped Over the Moon

You know what I really hate? No, no. Let me start over.
Okay. The other night my family was watching this movie called Latter Day Night. It's a video with all of these Mormon comedians. It's pretty good for the most part. I was getting my fair of chuckles out of it. Anyway, one of the guys that was doing stand up wasn't doing as well. He had some really funny stuff, but his timing was totally off. He could have just kept going and everything would have been fine. He would have caught the timing anf everything would have been fine and dandy. He also could have stuck with the whole church theme of jokes. No! Of course not! I'll give you one guess what he started talking about.....He started saying fat jokes about himself. Ewww. Yeah, he was an overweight guy, but there is nothing in this world that I hate more than people making fun of their fat. I can't even describe it. It makes me so mad!!!! What is so funny about people being overweight? What is so funny about people who eat a lot? I don't find any humor in any of it. I might just be the only person in the world that feels this way. I haven't heard anybody else complain, just laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen some pretty lame stand up too. This one guy was making fun of his big nose for over an hour. I think they do it to make them feel better about their bodies. People probably laugh because instead of others making fun of the fat guy, he is making fun of himself. I think it is sad, especially for a Mormon movie. I wish people were more confident of their bodies. Wow the world would all be amazing if we loved ourselves!

fezzik said...

I hated that part in that movie, too. It was lame.

Ganimobile said...

hey pixie, what's up. I've always wondered about this as well. Like in the singles ward he just starts trying to please the crowd, but hurts some people. Love ya lots, and you are such a wonderful writer