Friday, January 26, 2007

Long Blog...BEWARE!

So I have been catching a little bit of...sass for not posting for a while. So...I'm posting. This is just going to be some random ramblings....hope that's okay. Here we go....

Right now I am sitting in the lounge for our apartments. I am watching the Tall guy and the Breaker guy play ping-pong. Oh, what a celebration. I was doing my homework for Nutritions, but I finished. Go me! I am thinking that we are going to leave kinda soon. We have like a million parties that we need to hit. Oh yeah.. we are that cool. I know pretty much everyone in Logan, and everyone in Logan knows me. Unless you're new...just moved here or something. (ha ha).

Another thought... I think that pretty everyone knows by now, but I have a friend that passed away a few weeks ago. I have just been thinking a lot about her and her death. About a week before she died, my grandpa passed away. I was thinking that I understood death and that the Plan of Salvation was just so...clear. Now, I am not saying (by any stretch of the imagination) that the Plan of Salvation is no longer clear. But after Sam died...I was just having a hard grasping it. I know that I will be able to see her again. To me it just kind of seems like she is going on an extremely long vacation. I don't know if I am making any sense at all.... I guess the point is that I have just been thinking a lot about death and the Plan of Happiness. I just wish that I could have been a better friend and sister to her. I wish that she could have made it past her depression. I just pray that her family will feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost. I know that I have certainly felt that warm comforting feeling. She left a ton of friends; she was loved by all. I miss you Sammie.

Another like something.... My friend Cassidy is coming up on Valentines Day. I was talking to her about it yesterday and she was telling me that she has to bring her son, Keanu. It was just really weird because we were talking about like potty training and stuff like that. You know that you're getting old when you talk over the particulars of potty training for fun. Oh gosh, we're so sad. I'm only 20, that's just a kid...

Next random ranting.... H. Bear wants me to write about the song is playing right now. It is that song "Allelujah" from Shrek. Good song, good song. I wish that I knew the words of the song so that I could sing along...but I don't. Another thing...what exactly do the lyrics mean? It says something about tying someone to a chair. Hmm... I just don't understand. I really don't.

Last randominity.... So I went country swing dancing this past Wednesday (it was my second time...yay). They had fans everywhere...like the kind that blow air. There a girl that was walking towards it. It was just like the part in The R.M. when Kirby sees the girl at the singles dance. At that moment I had a stroke of brilliance. If I want the guys to notice and want me, the only thing that I have to do is walk in front of a fan. Brilliance.

Really the last random tid bit of life.... You know that song from Pinoccio "I got no strings to hold me down"? Well, I heard it the other week (I think that it was during Christmas break) and I had yet another stroke of brilliance. They should hype up that song (like they do so many other Disney songs) into like a Rap or BBop song. What do you think? Wouldn't that be a truly inspirational song? I think so....

4 comments:

Ganimobile said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging-you're awesome. I thinks it's impossible for anyone on earth to understand the magnitude of the Plan of Salvation. Not only is it complicated, but it's also eternal and infinite- something our brains just can't handle in this life. We just need to trust and have faith that our Father knows what He's doing. As for wondering what you could've done better and how you could've helped make things better- I do the exact same thing. I always look back and beat myself up over things I should've worked harder on or times I should've been a better friend. But I'm starting to learn that this can't change anything, no matter how hard I want it to. I'm beginning to learn how to take these regrets to make my present choices the best I can. Of course I'm still learning how to do this, but that's what life is- learning and progressing step by step.
Sorry I've gone on so long, I just wanted to share some thoughts. I enjoyed your blog :) -H.bear

fezzik said...

Wow, these people are profound. Hopefully you aren't expecting that from me. ;) You know what? I think we ourselves should form a band and bump up "I've Got No Strings". It would be AWESOME! And then perform it at the next Ward Talent Show. I see great things in our future.

As for the dancing, when you walk in front of the fan, you should do a little head shake to make your hair float above your shoulders. Just not too hard, or you might wack someone in the face. :)

You just put things so eloquently. You rock!

Ganimobile said...

Wow Ashlyn (name changed for privacy reasons, sorry), even though it was random, what you write whilest being random shows us all what's really in your head. I completely know how you feel about the PoS. I've been confused about it a lot as well. You dont want to think about someone you knew and/or cared about getting anything but the best so when you dont know what they get it can drive you CRAZY! I agree with the dancing and the pinnochio as well. Love ya