Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Close of a Chapter

So yesterday was my very last day working at Kneaders. Yep. The day has come. It's almost time to head em up and move em on out. Hmmm... Anyway, it seemed like my last day was such an interesting one, I just had to share.
Well, it started first thing in the morning, as most things do. I was supposed to be to work at nine and I woke up at about 9:15 to the sound of our home phone ringing. I shot of of bed realizing what time it was. Just then my father knocked on the door, bringing me the phone that had just been making the noise. It was my dear boss. He was wondering where I was at. Ha ha.... Hmm. I told him that I had just woke up and I would be there as soon as I could. So I RAN out the door and got there at about quarter to Ten. I'm just thinking that it's a good thing that he called. Whew. :) Oh. I should probably explain the reason that I slept in. Well.... there really is not a good one, but my cell phone died at some point throughout my evening of sleep. That meant that my alarm also died. Sheesh. I tell ya....
So I got to work. A little while later I decided that I would help my lovely friend, Jenessa, make soup. She had already started the Cream of Broccoli and the Chicken Noodle, but the Tomato Bisque still needed to be made. I am still asking myself why I thought that I could ever be of help. ha ha. Not too long after the souping process began I dropped about a fourth of it... ALL OVER the floor... On the bread that I just sliced (luckily I had bagged them, but still)...all over the table.... all over the nearby trays......all over me. Everywhere. And then, of course, it took me forever to clean and finish. :) I guess somewhere deep down I just wanted to do something memorable. It would just not do to have everyone forget about me right away.
Not too long after that I was getting some drinks ready for the drive thru. There was one Coke and one Diet Coke. So I went to press down one of those little bumps that you see in the soda lids. Ya know, the ones that say things like 'Cola', 'Diet', 'Other'.... Yes well, when I pushed down the entire lid fell apart and I splashed Diet Coke EVERYWHERE. (Are we noticing a trend here?)
I don't think that I will go through and outline my entire day, but I just thought that I would give you a brief glimpse of this lovely day that I have just experienced. ha ha. It will not be one that I will soon forget!
But I think that I must also say that for all of the crazy things that happened, there was many, many more wonderful things that did. It was an awesome day, really. I had a ton of fun with all of my friends. I think that I will miss my time at Kneaders Bakery. But now- On to new things!

3 comments:

Foulk Family said...

I am so sorry you had an awful day!!! :(

fezzik said...

I, also, am sorry. However, I must tell you it made for a very entertaining read. :D I was chuckling. ;)

Holli said...

Me, too- lots of chuckling. :D