I love Christmas. Mmmm... yes. It's by far my favorite holiday. By FAR. I love everything about this season! (Well... not the insanity of the shopping. Not the mad rush. Not the angry people. Not the yelling. Oh, the yelling...)
Something that I really love is the chance to write Christmas cards to people. It's one of the only times of year that you can actually try and tell someone that you love them... and then not feel weird and awkward about it later. If that's not a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is! Also- Who doesn't love to get mail? Exactly.
Last night as I was writing out a grundle of cards, I realized that there is something that I do not love about the card business. It's not a biggie, but it's greatly vexing, just the same. I realized that there is no way that I can put on paper how much these people mean to me. There is no way that I can tell them in a few brief lines how much I love them. Or how much they have changed my life. Or how much I look up to them. Or how I think about them often..... It just doesn't come out right. (Notice that the last example didn't even sound good in a blog. I'm toast!)
So I guess I would like to take the opportunity, here and now, to apologize. Apologize to any poor creature that might chance to get a card from me this season. It will be awkward. It will be painful. Just keep reminding yourself that it's the thought that counts. PLEASE. Just repeat it to yourself over and over again. With those words in mind, you might just survive. (Notice that I said might.)
Yep.....
Hmmm...
Whew.....
Yeah....
Uh-huh.....
So.....
I guess I will now end the world's most awkward blog....
Ugh...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
1 comment:
I have not even started my christmas cards yet :( look at you all on top of things
Post a Comment