Greetings, All.
I haven't embarked on any glorious adventures as of late... so I thought that I would just write some ramblings. After all, rambling is my gift.
So buckle yourself in for a wild, wild ride.
First of all, I can not wait for summer. Warmth. Sunshine. Not that I hate this season... but I don't love it. And I don't love that it lasts for half of the year. I mean fall only lasted a few short weeks. The injustice of it all is just alarming! I would like to petition for equality of the seasons. (And then we could create a holiday for it. See? I've clearly got this figured out.)
I walked across campus today and by the time that I got to my class I had frost all over in my hair. There is something utterly upsetting about that. On so many levels. Just nibble on that thought.
Speaking of nibbling.... Food. My love. My passion. My weakness. Today for lunch I baked a sweet potato and steamed some broccoli. Go me! I just loved to see the lucious and bright colors of both foods. It reminded me of Audrey Hepburn. (Did you all follow me there?) One time I read a biography on her written by her son. He mentioned that Audrey always said that the more colors that you could get on your plate, the better. Better for your body. Better for your eyes to view it all. (Obviously she said it more elegantly than that.... but it's been a few years since I read it. Cut me some slack, man.)
Also, sweet potatoes. I love them. SO much. It surprises me that I know so many people that don't share this loving passion with me. I just don't get it. Why? Why, people? They are so friendly. And orange. And sweet. All in all, they are perfection. (I mean, have any of you had sweet potato fries???)
Here's another random thought: Pandora. Apparently it's the name of that place in Avatar.... I guess. (Obviously I haven't seen it.) In my sociology class, that's the name of the society that we are studying.... How clever. But, my dear friends.... I am talking about the music place. Online. http://pandora.com/. I'm sure that most of you are familiar with it. If you aren't... you should be.
On this day I have been relaxing to such teasures as Iron and Wine, Matthew Perryman Jones, Sufjan Stevens, Regina Spektor.... just to name a few. Basically, I'm in heaven. I invite you to join me.
Have I mentioned that it's FREEZING???
Also, I was lucky enough to be able to see my dear mother yesterday.
And I was able to hang out with my dear DEAR friend, Heathy. It was so good to see her! Also, her blessed babe, Emmalyn.
Thank heavens for rushed trips to Salt Lake to see the dentist. Now THAT was an adventure.
Okay, okay. I know. ENOUGH of the rambling. Rats. I could go on forever.
Thanks for reading, peeps. Have the most fabulous day! Hope you're reading for the shores of some exotic beach.
3 comments:
It's because sweet potatoes are gross. Gag reflex.
My mother made me eat some mashed sweet potatoes after I had surgery and honestly I can't tell a difference between that and squash... blah
Also, I think you should go see Avatar. I thought it would be nerdy and weird and aweful, but after weeks of convincing my father got me to go see it in 3D. It's a very good movie!
I've never given sweet potatoes a chance... we'll see.
And I happen to be listening to pandora as I read your blog. How fortuitous! (I've been waiting SO long to use that word!)
And lastly, it seems like my mom made a swimsuit for me when I was little. Of course, that pattern wouldn't work because I was just a tike, but she might have some ideas. I will see.
Post a Comment