Yesterday I had to work. I know it'll come as quite a shock to you all when I inform you that DB is NOT the Presidents Day weekend hot spot. I know, I know.....I too was shocked.
Because there were not many customers, we focused on the things that we did have. And those things were pretzels. Lots and lots of pretzels. (Rather than say that we "focused" on pretzels, it might have been more accurate to say that we stood behind the counter hording down the salty treats ALL DAY.)
So... that was neat. We ate mass amounts of Christmas shaped pretzels... on Presidents Day. How 'bout that?
Also. Channing Tatum's twin is in my Sociology class. That made what could have a boring class...enjoyable. To say the very least. (I've seen him in there before... but today he sat in front of me. Oh yeah.... Life is good. And pretty. Oh Channing.)
People. If you haven't already noticed. Or seen. Or heard... My life rocks. It is full of wonderful people and fabulous adventures. So... thank you. If you are reading my blog, it leads me to believe that you are somehow connected to my life. (If not.... You're a creepy stalker. Welcome!) Just, ahh... Thanks.
The reason that I bring up this wonderful fact is not to brag or boast... or rub our awesomeness in your faces. Well... that's not the only motive. I am just so stinkin impressed and excited by the wonderful people that I live with and around. They are fun and crazy. And allow me to be so. What could possibly be better than that?
The evidence... This weekend.
Friday: I'm sure that you are all aware that the opening ceremonies of the Olympics were on this blessed day. What kind of unloving, ungrateful, unpatriotic folks would we be if we were not to pay this event proper tribute? Exactly. The kind that we don't want to be.
So.. We partied. For that is what we do. We watched the ceremonies. People brought international foods. I wore a Canadian Tshirt. (Not that I don't love America... I'm just showing some love to our peeps up north. Plus, I don't have a USA shirt. Maybe for the closing ceremony...) It was a wildly wonderful time. To say the very least.
(There are several other adventures that took place during the other days... but this blog is getting a little lengthy as it is. Perhaps we will further discuss things in our other blog.)
Monday: This day is one of my favorite days. Ever. In my life. It's right up there with graduating or being born. Yeah... Oh yeah.
We decided that we should pay proper tribute to our great presidents. And, of course, we all know that the greatest form of flattery is imitation. Having that in mind, the natural method of celebration seemed to be imitation. (Also known as dressing up!) Yes. You did not just read that wrong. We dressed up as presidents! After dressing up, we hit up a grocery store (not like criminals....Just wanted to clarify), went out to eat (fast food... it's the American way), and then came back to our place for more crazy fun. We listened to classical music whilst creating a log cabin out of hot dogs. And then we carved presidents faces out of potatoes. (And then we watched Newsies. Hello! Teddy Roosevelt is in it!)
Basically, this was THE MOST FABULOUS evening ever!!!
Happy Presidents Day, everyone.
Love,
Teddy, Abe and John (John Adams.... Please tell me you've heard of me!)
4 comments:
This is amazing! The End. :D
I think this is brilliant.
I love it.
I'm not just saying that.
Wow girls!!! Im so pleased to know you!! :)
George Washington came to my mind first, but John Adams works too ;)
Post a Comment